"I’ve got a caramel latte unsweetened with splenda tall iced fuck me in the ass for Bill!"
- from a journal of mine, probably during the short time i worked at starbucks
Embodiment: A Portrait of Queer Life in America
1. Ducky and Her Friends, Cedar Rapids, IA. 2007
2. Ashley, Jackson, MS. 2009 I think about my life and how hard it is to be a loud mouth, out of the closet, black lesbian living in the south and how I wouldnt change it for the world. - Ashley
3. Cat and Brittany, Iowa City, IA. 2009 I gave you my heart six years ago and you have cradled it more gently than I have. I promise to hold your heart, your hand, and your body with love and respect and joy yesterday, today and tomorrow. - Cat speaking to Brittany during their wedding ceremony which was held the day after this photograph was taken.
4. Charlie and Honey, Seattle, WA. 2005
5. Cooper, Oakland, CA. 2009 At the second this image is captured, however, I am beaming from the inside out. Cant recall what nudged me toward this moment of joy. But I am grateful for the reminder. - Cooper
6. Gary and Jeremy, Brooklyn, NY. 2005
7. The Jentlemen of Distinction, East Saint Louis, MO. 2009 Being a Jentlemen is about hard work, dedication and being a family. These are my BROTHERS, no matter whatâ?¦. I am PROUD to be a Jentlemen. I hold my head up high and proud! - Dusty of The Jentlemen of Distinction
8. Nomy, Oakland, CA
9. Chickadee and Her Family, Concrete, WA.
10. Jesus, Dallas, TX. 2009 Thank you so much for doing this project as well as allowing me to become a part of it. You guys came into my life during a chapter of my metamorphosis where I felt that I had no chance at life and I have found an immense source of inspiration from you alls presence. - Jesus
kodachrome film not being processed anymore is the saddest ever! it’s literally like pulling teeth trying to buy/shoot/get film processed (i’m looking at you super 8)
Shout out to Al Jazeera straight up showing a video of their reporters getting tear gassed during a live interview of the Ferguson police chief denying that they are tear gassing journalists.
lost phone pictures.
^ started a photo blog. follow if yr into it pls
Pipilotti Rist, I Coudn’t Agree With You More, 1999
Pictures from Momo Okabe’s “BIBLE”
something i was not prepared for and i had to catch my breath — shes relatively unknown outside japan even though shes kind of a protege of Araki.
the book is about her friends and lovers, trauma, sex, and alienation. and just these gorgeous painful colours that are like earth scorched by a sun much too close to our planet or some kind of aftermath of a nuclear fallout.. just amazing.
http://www.sessionpress.com/books/session-05 if you want more info
my bloody valentine in london, 1988. photo by richard bellia.